Since April 15th, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Suriname has launched its ‘E-Visa / E-Tourist Card online Application’ https://suriname.vfsevisa.com/suriname/online/ for all foreign nationals subject to visa requirement for the Republic of Suriname or eligible to obtain a Tourist Card.
Should you have any question about visa application, please send email to email@example.com
!!No more visa applicant will be accepted on this website!!
If the purpose of your planned travel is recreational in nature, including tourism, vacation (holiday), visits with friends or relatives, and will take less than 3 months, a tourist visa would be the appropriate type of visa for your travel. The visa department may change the visa category you will need based on the purpose of your travel, and your supporting documentation.
A visa issued by Suriname permits free travel within the Republic of Suriname. The maximum duration of stay for foreigners is 90 days. Foreigners of Suriname origin have legal stay permit of 180 days.
Submitting supporting documents does not guarantee that a visa will be issued to you, but it will allow the Visa Department to make a decision about your application based on everything you have provided.
A visa does not give you an automatic right to enter Suriname. You may be asked by border control officers to provide information or supporting documents concerning your financial means, the length of your stay and the purpose of your visit, in addition to your valid passport, visa, travel and health insurance and your health certificate.
How to apply
Application form must be completed on-line and submitted through the website.
After submission you will be notified on-line whether your application has been accepted or denied.
If approved, you can post all required document to the Embassy at Beijing; if denied you shall have to apply after a while again.
Holders of diplomatic, service or public passports
This kind of application documents must be submitted by the staff member assigned by Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the People’s Republic of China.
Visa application for a minor
A visa application for a minor (up to 17 years) can only be submitted with the authorization of the parents or legal guardians of the minor. For each child who has his/her own passport, a separate visa application form must be completed.
Minors need the following additional supporting documents:
- A birth certificate or other legal document stating name(s) of parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in case the child travel with parent(s).
- Written consent (signed and dated) of the parent(s)/legal guardian who is not traveling along with the minor.
- Written consent (signed and dated) by parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and birth certificate or an official letter from an authority confirming guardianship, in all other cases.
Please note that the Embassy always has the right to ask additional documents. Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
In case of emergency (death of an immediate family member in Suriname) please contact the embassy.
- One fully completed and signed Suriname visa application form;
- One recent, resembling colour passport photograph ( 3 x 4 light blue background; facing forward; ears visible);
- A passport – containing at least two blank visa pages (front and back) and valid for at least six months after your arrival in Suriname, and photocopy of the identity page, signature page of your passport and previous visas to Suriname;
- A copy of the Chinese ID card (both sides on same page)
- Valid return ticket confirmation upon pick-up of visa (ATTENTION: You must never buy a ticket before receiving the confirmation that your visa has been approved!);
- Copy of the Surinamese Passport / Identity card or Surinamese residence permit of the sponsor (If applicable: also of the inviter’s husband, wife or official partner!)
- Invitation letter with translation in English or Dutch and copy;
- Written guaranty-statement by the sponsor for the return of the applicant to his/her home country;
- Evidence of financial means of the sponsor;
- Proof of relationship with sponsor;
- For family visit: a notarial certificate of family relationship with the sponsor;
- In case of any other relation than family, the relationship must be substantiated with original documents, original pictures, correspondence with envelopes etc.
- Completely filled out Certificate of Health Examination for International Travelers（one additional copy of all pages)
- Valid International Certificate of Vaccination for the yellow fever (one additional copy)
Fees and charges
Please refer to our fee overview to determine the exact cost for processing your tourist visa.