REQUIREMENTS MKV APPLICATION
The following are needed to apply for Authorization of Temporary Stay (MKV):
1. Two (2) completed and signed MKV application form-2021
2. Three (3) recent color passport photographs. (Criteria for passport photo)
3. Two (2) color copies of all pages in the passport (including blank pages);
4. One original notarized copy of the birth certificate with English translation + one photocopy in color.
5. One original notarized copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in English + one color photocopy.
6. One original Bank statement or other document/information proving sufficient financial means
during stay in Suriname (in English) + one photocopy in color
7. If application concerns internship or voluntary work: two (2) color copies of an official letter of the
organization/ institution in Suriname stating the purpose and duration of agreement.
8. If applicant intends to work in Suriname: two (2) color copies of the labor/employment contract.
9. Proof of residence (if applicable)
10. Proof of marital status:
– If married/divorced/single/widow: a certified copy of marriage license/divorce certificate/proof of
– If cohabiting (partner relationship): proof of cohabitation in the country
11. Notarized letter of consent by parents and a copy of the birth certificate:
– If a child (up to 18 years) is traveling alone
– If a child (up to 18 years) is traveling with one of the parents (with consent of the 2nd parent)
– Custodians should provide legal documents or notarized power of attorney from parents
– a certified copy of the judicial decision in case of adoption/legal guardianship of a child (up to 18 years)
12. Two (2) color copies of statements of guarantor in Suriname (in case of insufficient funds of applicant)
13. Two (2) color copies of valid health insurance
14. Two (2) color copies of Certificate of Health Examination for International Travelers
15. Two (2) color copies of valid International Certificate of Vaccination for the yellow fever
16. Proof of payment for MKV processing fee (Bank statement).
Please print out Checklist for MKV 2021 for your convenience and enclose in the application package for the Embassy.
Applications must be sent to the Embassy for processing along with the required documentation by a trusted courier service.
Once your MKV application has been approved, you will be informed by the Consular Affairs officer by email.
- All official documents issued by Chinese authorities must be notarized, translated into English and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.
- Processing of an application for Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) may take at least 90 (ninety) days for approval.
- MKV applicants may not apply for other types of visa for Suriname during the period in which their MKV application is pending.