*** WEBSITE UNDER REVISION ***
Persons born on the territory of the Republic of Suriname: Visa-free travel to Suriname as of 01 October 2021.(read details in Special Announcements and Press Release section)
It is required to enter the Republic of Suriname with a Visa. However, in order to facilitate travelling, Suriname has signed visa abolition agreements with several countries and introduced the use of a Tourist Card.
Before applying for a visa
– Please go through the list of countries that are exempted from visa requirement to enter Suriname.
– Please go through the list of countries whose nationals are eligible to purchase a E Tourist Card
Please ensure to read all visa information.
Yellow fever immunization
Suriname requires a yellow fever vaccination certificate at entry for travelers aged nine months and older arriving from countries with risk of yellow fever.
Passengers destined for Suriname should carefully take note of the measures in effect in the Covid-19 section.
Travelling with minors
For children up to 17 years of age the following documents are required to support the visa application of the child to enter Suriname:
1. Birth certificate showing names of both parents;
2. Copy of legal documents pertaining to custody, where, when, if applicable;
3. Legalized letter of consent:
– if the child is travelling with one parent, the letter of consent authorizing travel must be legalized by the other parent;
– if the child is travelling alone or without either parent, a notarized letter of consent from both parents permitting travel;
4. Death certificate, in case one or both parents are deceased.
Effective April 15th, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs* of the Republic of Suriname has launched its E-Visa / E-Tourist Card website for all foreign nationals subject to visa requirement for the Republic of Suriname or eligible to obtain a Tourist Card.
VFS Global is the only Official and Authorized partner for the Government of the Republic of Suriname/Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Business and International Cooperation to offer a Suriname E-VISA/E-Tourist Card
All Tourist -, Business- and Transit visa and Tourist Cards must be applied for through the official VFS Global website
Passengers subject to visa requirements and destined to Suriname MUST have a printout of the E-Visa or E-Tourist Card which was obtained from the official website of VFS when boarding the flight for Suriname.
ONLY APPLICATIONS FOR AUTHORIZATION FOR TEMPORARY STAY (MKV) CAN BE ACCEPTED ON THIS WEBSITE
For any questions about visa applications, please send email to email@example.com
* As of May 2021 the name of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was renamed the “Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Business and International Relations”