If the purpose of your visit is commercial in nature, including attending a conference, business meetings, supervising or training of workers, and short internships. International entrepreneurs who would like to investigate investment opportunities in Suriname are also eligible for a business visa.
A visa issued by Suriname permits free travel within the Republic of Suriname. The maximum duration of stay for foreigners is 90 days. Foreigners of Suriname origin have legal stay permit of 180 days.
Submitting supporting documents does not guarantee that a visa will be issued to you, but it will allow the Visa Department to make a decision about your application based on everything you have provided.
A visa does not give you an automatic right to enter Suriname. You may be asked by border control officers to provide information or supporting documents concerning your financial means, the length of your stay and the purpose of your visit, in addition to your valid passport, visa, travel and health insurance and your health certificate.
How to apply
Application form must be completed on-line and submitted through the website.
After submission you will be notified on-line whether your application has been accepted or denied.
If approved, you can post all required document to the Embassy at Beijing; if denied you shall have to apply after a while again.
Please note that the Embassy always has the right to ask additional documents. Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.All document for visa application won’t return to applicant, please keep your own copy of important documents.
In case of emergency (death of an immediate family member in Suriname) please contact the Embassy with the official document from the Embassy of China in Suriname.
Documents required for business visa
- Printed and signed Suriname visa application form;
- Two recent, resembling colour passport photograph ( 3 x 4 light blue background; facing forward; ears visible);
- A passport – containing at least two blank visa pages (front and back) and valid for at least six months after your arrival in Suriname, and photocopy of the identity page, signature page of your passport and previous visas to Suriname;
- A copy of the Chinese ID card (both sides on same page)
- Valid return ticket reservation upon pick-up of visa (ATTENTION: You must never buy a ticket before receiving the confirmation that your visa will be issued!);
- An original invitation letter from the Surinamese company (or Government office) in English or Dutch:
- Only in case of emergencies and after consultation an invitation letter by fax, a clear photocopy of the passport / Identity card of the signer of the invitation letter can be submitted!
- On official letterhead, indicating the full address, telephone and fax numbers of the company and the signer’s name and position in the company;
- Stating the purpose and intended duration of stay;
- Mentioning who takes care of the costs of travel and living;
- In case the inviter takes care of the costs of travel and living, proof of sufficient financial means of the company should be submitted;
- Mentioning if the company guarantees the return of the applicant;
- Copy of the inviter’s commercial registration in Suriname.
- Technicians are required to submit their Vocational Technique Qualification Certificates. We request also shipping documents which can prove the goods/machinery have been sent to Suriname.
- An original stamped letter from the employer with translation in English or Dutch.
- On official letterhead with original stamp, dated and clearly mentioning signer’s name and position in the company;
- Indicating full address, telephone and fax numbers of the company;
- Stating the name, position of the applicant within the company;
- Stating the purpose of the planned business visit and a confirmation of the applicant return to the job;
- Mentioning who will pay for costs of travel and living of the applicant.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to cover the costs for travel and living:
- If the employer takes care of the costs: Proof of the solvability of the company (for example: bank statement, copy of last end of year balance)
- If the applicant takes care of his own costs: Proof of his/her personal solvability (for example: three most recent salary slips, three most recent bank statements, travellers cheques etc).
- Copy of International Travel / Health Insurance
- Completely filled out Certificate of Health Examination for International Traveller（one additional copy of all pages)
- Valid International Certificate of Vaccination for the yellow fever (one additional copy)
Fees and charges
Please refer to our fee overview to determine the exact cost for processing your business visa.