!!No more visa applicant will be accepted on this website!!
Since April 15th, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Suriname has launched its ‘E-Visa / E-Tourist Card online Application’ https://suriname.vfsevisa.com/suriname/online/ for all foreign nationals subject to visa requirement for the Republic of Suriname or eligible to obtain a Tourist Card.
Should you have any question about visa application, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A transit visa is a temporary short period visa during your journey to your third / final destination. If you are unable to reach your final destination through a direct flight from your origin / home, you will have to apply for a transit visa. Transit visa is issued for one day and has a validity of 24 hours. Leaving the airport area is not allowed.
A visa issued by Suriname permits free travel within the Republic of Suriname. The maximum duration of stay for foreigners is 90 days. Foreigners of Suriname origin have legal stay permit of 180 days.
Submitting supporting documents does not guarantee that a visa will be issued to you, but it will allow the Visa Department to make a decision about your application based on everything you have provided.
A visa does not give you an automatic right to enter Suriname. You may be asked by border control officers to provide information or supporting documents concerning your financial means, the length of your stay and the purpose of your visit, in addition to your valid passport, visa, travel and health insurance and your health certificate.
How to apply
Application form must be completed on-line and submitted through the website.
After submission you will be notified on-line whether your application has been accepted or denied.
If accepted, you can make an appointment (day and time shall be fixed) on-line to submit the necessary documents in person at the embassy; if denied you shall have to apply after a while again.
Holders of diplomatic, service or public passports
This kind of application documents must be submitted by the staff member assigned by Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the People’s Republic of China.
Visa application for a minor
A visa application for a minor (up to 17 years) can only be submitted with the authorization of the parents or legal guardians of the minor. For each child who has his/her own passport, a separate visa application form must be completed.
Minors need the following additional supporting documents:
- A birth certificate or other legal document stating name(s) of parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in case the child travel with parent(s).
- Written consent (signed and dated) of the parent(s)/legal guardian who is not traveling along with the minor.
- Written consent (signed and dated) by parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and birth certificate or an official letter from an authority confirming guardianship, in all other cases.
Document validity for consular authentication
Only documents certified by the consular authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China in Beijing are accepted as consular authentication. The related regulations of the Chinese Foreign Ministry on the validity period of notarized documents, reads as follows:
The validity period of Notarial Certificate of No Criminal Record and Marriage Notarial Certificate, issued by Chinese Mainland notary authority is six month as of the issuing date.
There is no time limitation for validity period of Birth Notarial Certificate and Notarial Certificate of Relative Relationship.
Long term stay
Foreigners with the intent of staying longer than three months will have to apply for an Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) before they travel to Suriname. MKV handling fee, 500RMB, must be paid at designated bank upon acceptation of the application file. It will not be refunded, regardless of the decision taken on your visa application.
Please note that the Embassy always has the right to ask additional documents. Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
In case of emergency (death of an immediate family member in Suriname) please contact the embassy.
In all cases, applicants should prepare:
- One fully completed and signed Suriname visa application form;
- One recent, resembling colour passport photograph ( 3 x 4 light blue background; facing forward; ears visible);
- A passport – containing at least two blank visa pages (front and back) and valid for at least six months after your arrival in Suriname, and photocopy of the identity page, signature page of your passport and previous visas to Suriname;
- A copy of the Chinese ID card (both sides on same page)
- Notarised non-criminal document issued by public security authority with translation in English or Dutch + copy of this documents. Diplomatic and service passport holders are exempted.
- Valid return ticket upon pick-up of visa (ATTENTION: You must never buy a ticket before receiving the confirmation that your visa will be issued!);
Additional requested documents for a transit visa
- The visa to the country of final destination
- Completely filled out Certificate of Health Examination for International Traveller(one additional copy of all pages)
- Valid International Certificate of Vaccination for the yellow fever (one additional copy)
Please note:Visa on arrival letters are not accepted!
Fees and charges
Please refer to our fee overview to determine the exact cost for processing your transit visa.