3. Continue on to KV Visa
The KV visa will only be issued to persons with an approved Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV). If you do not have an approved MKV, please check the register for MKV section before continuing. You can learn how to get a KV by reading either the simple instructions or the detailed instructions. Both describe the same process.
Applicants in possesion of an approved Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) are automatically approved for the KV visa.
After the entry into Suriname you must report to the immigration authority within 8 days.
Within 14 days, you must report to the Loketdienst van de Hoofdafdeling Vreemdelingenzaken (Compliance Office Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs) at the mr. J. Lachmonstraat no. 166-168 in Paramaribo. If you intend to reside in the district of Nickerie, you must notify the district commissioner of the district Nickerie instead.
A visa does not give you an automatic right to enter Suriname. You may be asked by border control officers to provide information or supporting documents concerning your financial means, the length of your stay and the purpose of your visit, in addition to your valid passport, visa, travel and health insurance and your health certificate.
How to apply
The KV visa application form must be printed out and filled in by hand. Applicants in possesion of an approved Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) are automatically approved for the KV visa. Likewise, applicants without a MKV or whos MKV has been denied, will be denied a KV visa.
You can apply for a KV visa by following the steps below:
- You must: Make sure your Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) is approved. (Click here to check your application status)
- You must: Pay your KV visa fee at the Bank of China (Click here for fees and bank information)
- You must: Prepare the following documents for your KV visa:
- Your Passport (at least 6 months valid)
- KV Visa application form with signature and photo (Click here to download the form)
- Copy of flight ticket reservation
- Payment proof of visa fee
- Copy of the reservation of return ticket
- Postal information
- You must: Post all document to the Embassy (Click here for our mailing address)
- The Embassy will: Receive and double check the submitted documents
- The Embassy will: Issue your KV visa
- The Embassy will: Post back passport, receipt and visa to applicant
- You must: Fill in receipt and mail it back to email@example.com
Fees and charges
Please refer to our fee overview to determine the exact cost for processing your KV visa.